Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: May 3, 2021
- Rules of Conduct: You must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while accessing or using the Website and/or Services. In addition, we expect users to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Website and/or Services is conditioned upon your compliance with the rules set forth in this section. You must not:
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Website or Services, (a) anything that could be (i) threatening, harassing, discriminatory, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (ii) defamatory, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; or (iii) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; (b) anything that could give rise to criminal or civil liability (including any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or any other proprietary right for which you do not have the express prior consent of the owner of such right or in violation of any contractual, fiduciary or other legal obligation), or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; (c) any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file or program that is potentially harmful or invasive, or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment; (d) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme,” investment opportunity or other form of solicitation; or (e) any material, non-public information about a company or any securities or other financial instrument, without the proper authorization to do so.
- Use the Website or Services (a) to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, harvest or collect personally identifiable information, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including rights of privacy or publicity; (b) to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or state or imply that we endorse any of your statements or Submissions (as defined below); or (c) for any other fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or Services or the servers or networks used to make the Website or Services available (including by taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load upon the Website or in connection with the Services or upon such servers or networks) or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Website or Services (including by hacking or defacing the Website).
- License, sublicense, transfer, assign, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, distribute, or exploit for any commercial purposes the Website or Services or any access to or use of the Website or Services.
- Modify, adapt, make derivate works of, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Website or Services.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Website or Services or any materials available through the Website or Services.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Website or Services without Pariti’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download or store content from the Website or Services.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way gather content of the Website or in connection with the Services or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or Services without Pariti’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Pariti grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Pariti reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you (and not Pariti) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, and computer hardware, equipment and services needed to access and use the Website or Services, and paying all charges related thereto.
- User Account and Subscriptions: If You create a user account and/or subscribe to any of the Services, You will ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Services are kept secure and confidential. You are responsible to keep any of Your submitted data up to date and maintain the security of your account. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of these Terms or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and/or goodwill.
- Ownership of Content: The Website, all of the information and materials contained therein, any information generated from the Website or Services and any information derived from the information and materials contained therein (collectively, the “Content”), as well as the software used to make the Website available, are and shall remain the property of Pariti and its licensors and suppliers, and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You do not acquire any right, title or interest in any Content by virtue of accessing the Website or making use of the Content or Services, and You may not take any action inconsistent with Pariti’s (or any licensor’s or supplier’s) ownership of the Website, Content or Services.
- Pariti’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, trade dress and other proprietary logos and indicia are the property of Pariti (“Pariti Marks”). All other marks are the property of their respective owners. You agree not to use any Pariti Marks. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, any goodwill arising out of Your use of the Pariti Marks shall inure to the benefit of and belong to Pariti. No trademark or service mark license is granted in connection with the right to use Content as set forth herein. Access to the Pariti Website does not authorize anyone to use any name, logo or mark in any manner.
- Subject to these Terms, You are permitted to store, display, analyze, reformat and print Content only for Your own internal business uses or as expressly permitted in writing by Pariti. You are not permitted to publish, disclose, transmit, or otherwise reproduce any Content, in whole or in part, in any form outside of Your organization, other than to agents or representatives who are acting on Your behalf and that have agreed in writing to maintain its confidentiality under terms no less restrictive than these Terms. Notwithstanding anything stated to the contrary herein, Pariti does not authorize You to make available any Content to Your customers other than Content that Pariti has explicitly identified for such purpose in its sole discretion.
- Limited License to Services and Content: Until termination of these Terms and as long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with these Terms, Pariti grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, right and license to use the Services and Content.
- Feedback: Any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information or documentation provided by You relating to the Services or Content (“Feedback”) are hereby assigned, transferred and conveyed by You to Pariti. You hereby acknowledge and agree that (a) your provision of any Feedback is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and does not place Us under any fiduciary or other obligation; (b) any Feedback is not confidential and Pariti has no confidentiality obligations with respect to such Feedback; and (c) Pariti will be free to use or disseminate Feedback without any right of attribution to You.
- Generally: If You subscribe to a fee-based Service, the price and conditions of such Service will be stated separately during the subscription process and upfront before you make any payments. Once payments are made, fees are non-refundable, and Services bought are non-transferrable. Any sale or transfer of Services to third parties is not permitted. For payments to be made for fee-based subscriptions or Services, Pariti will use third-party providers such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors. Such third-party providers have their own terms and policies in accordance to their respective laws and jurisdiction and in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. We recommend that you read their terms and policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- Renewals: Pariti will automatically renew your monthly, quarterly or annual Services at the then-current rates, unless the Services subscription is cancelled or terminated under these Terms.
- Complete and Accurate Information: If your payment and registration information is not accurate, current, and complete and you do not notify us promptly when such information changes, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any use of the Services. If you do not notify our third party payment provider of updates to your payment method (e.g., credit card expiration date), to avoid interruption of the Services, they may participate in programs supported by your card provider (e.g., updater services, recurring billing programs, etc.) to try to update your payment information, and you authorize us to continue billing your account with the updated information that us or our third-party payment processor obtain.
- No Warranties; No Responsibility to Update: NEITHER PARITI, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PROVIDERS MAKES ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE WEBSITE, ITS SERVICES OR CONTENT. THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. PARITI, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT OR THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, CORRECTNESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, SECURITY, PERFORMANCE, TIMELINESS, OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT, OR THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE, MISAPPROPRIATE OR VIOLATE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. PARITI CANNOT ENSURE THAT THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FILES, INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA) YOU ACCESS OR DOWNLOAD RELATED TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. NEITHER PARITI, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PROVIDERS SHALL HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT OR TO SUPPLY ANY CORRECTIONS, UPDATES, OR RELEASES IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
- No Professional Advice: The Content provided through the Website and/or or in connection with the Services is designed to provide practical and useful information on the subject matter covered. WHILE SUCH CONTENT MAY CONCERN ACCOUNTING ISSUES, LEGAL ISSUES OR OTHER ISSUES RELATED TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, SUCH CONTENT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, ACCOUNTING ADVICE OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ADVICE. YOU SHOULD NOT ACT OR REFRAIN FROM ACTING ON THE BASIS OF ANY CONTENT INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES WITHOUT SEEKING THE ADVICE OF A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL IN THE APPLICABLE SUBJECT MATTER. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF ACTIONS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BASED ON ANY CONTENT OF THIS SITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CONTENT IS NOT PROVIDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF RENDERING ACCOUNTING, LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU REQUIRE ADVICE OR OTHER EXPERT ASSISTANCE, YOU SHOULD SEEK THE SERVICES OF A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold Pariti and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all suits, claims, losses, liabilities, damages, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from (i) Your use of or access to, or inability to use or access, the Website, Content or Services, (ii) Your violation of any of these Terms, or (iii) any text, file, data and other content or other data you may upload.
Limitation of Liability
- USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. PARITI, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PERSONNEL ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT OR ANY SERVICES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ANY CLAIM OR ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), FOR ANY (1) MATTER BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, (2) LOSS OR INACCURACY OF DATA, CONTENT, LOSS OR INTERRUPTION OF USE, OR COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES, (3) INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUES, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR (4) ANY DAMAGES, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (X) THE AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE IN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE FOR THE SERVICE AT ISSUE EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (Y) THE TOTAL SUM YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PRECEDING 12 MONTH PERIOD. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN.
Term and Termination
Governing Law/Dispute Resolution
- Governing Law: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
- Arbitration: Any and all disputes relating to or arising from these Terms (including the arbitrability thereof), shall be settled by binding confidential arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes(“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website (athttp://www.adr.org) or any successor provision thereto. Any arbitration will be conducted on an individual, rather than a class-wide, basis. Any party aggrieved will deliver a notice to the other party setting forth the specific points in dispute. Any points remaining in dispute thirty (30) days after the giving of such notice may be submitted to AAA arbitration conducted before a single neutral arbitrator in New York. The arbitrator shall be appointed by agreement of the parties hereto. The arbitrator may enter a default decision against any party who fails to participate in the arbitration proceedings. The decision of the arbitrator on the points in dispute will be final, unappealable and binding, and judgment on the award maybe entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties agree that this provision has been adopted to rapidly and inexpensively resolve any disputes between them and that this provision will be grounds for dismissal of any court action commenced by either party with respect to these Terms, other than post-arbitration actions seeking to enforce an arbitration award or proceedings seeking equitable relief as permitted by this Section 8.2. Each party will bear its own expenses and the fees of its own attorneys. The parties and the arbitrator will keep confidential, and will not disclose to any person, except the parties’ advisors and legal representatives, or as may be required by law or to enforce in court an arbitrator’s award, the existence of any dispute hereunder.
- Copyright Infringement Claims: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under international copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Website or in connection with the Services infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Pariti a written notice by mail, email or fax, requesting that Pariti remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Pariti a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices shall meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before submitting a notice or counter-notice.
- Modification: Pariti reserves the right, from time to time and in its sole discretion, to modify these Terms, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) without liability, by posting a notice on the Website or by sending You notice through the Services, via e-mail or by another means of electronic communication. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict Your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. It is Your responsibility to periodically check the Website for any modifications to these Terms, and your continued use of the Services after Pariti’s modification of these Terms constitutes Your acceptance of such modified Terms, which will apply to Your continued use of the Services going forward. Your use of the Services is subject to these Terms in effect at the time of such use.
- Force Majeure: Pariti shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, epidemics, pandemics, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
- Assignment: These Terms are personal to You, and You may not assign, transfer or sublicense (except as expressly permitted hereunder) Your license and/or right hereunder without Pariti’s written consent. Pariti may assign, transfer or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without Your consent.
- Agency: No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms.
- No Waiver: Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we will provide You with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
- Heading: The section and paragraph headings in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Notices: Except as otherwise permitted by these Terms, any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other shall be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Pariti shall be sent to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to You by Pariti. Notices sent to You by email will be sent to the email address that we have on file for You as a user of the Services.